A new stable UK government with an ambitious legislative programme. How has the external risk profile changed since December's general election result? The landscape has altered but business leaders continue to grapple with ambiguity and face complexity in anticipating and understanding external risks and how to mitigate them. Without a review of all potential sources of external risk, some may get overlooked, exacerbating the challenges facing business.
Armed with the CBI’s latest intelligence and access to government insights, you will leave this workshop with the knowledge needed to identify external risks, adapt your business plans to the changing environment, and make better, evidence-based decisions. This workshop will help you understand what the impacts are likely to be, and enable you to mitigate the risks, and identify the opportunities presented, through an open and frank discussion with experts and peers.
Having attended this workshop, delegates will:
- Gain insight into the current external environment, risks and opportunities
- Understand how to apply knowledge using analysis tools (e.g. PESTLE)
- Use outputs to inform strategic business plans, forecasting and reporting for external audit
- Develop the perspective to look at converting unknowns into opportunities.
Sessions will be held with a variety of speakers from CBI
- John Foster, Campaigns Director, CBI
- Anna Leach, Deputy Chief Economist, CBI
- Tom Thackray, Director of Infrastructure & climate change, CBI
- Felicity Burch, Director of Innovation, CBI
Dates and locations:
London (CBI Headquarters)
- 28 February 2020
- 20 May 2020
- 2 October 2020
- UK and global outlook
- Leadership change, opposition agenda – what will this mean for business?
- Future relationship with the EU, aftermath of BREXIT - are you prepared?
- UK and global economic outlook
Legal, taxation and regulatory compliance
- A de-regulated economy?
Changing social expectations, potential policy outcome and the environment
- Impact of move to net-zero and climate change activism
- Technology, innovation and cybersecurity
- Are you making the most of the opportunity?
- Risks of being left behind
- What does this mean for me and my company?
- Q&A and practical planning
Who should attend?
All CBI members and non-members are welcome. Those most likely to benefit from attending are:
- Business Leaders
- Senior Managers
- Public Affairs Professionals
Standard delegate - £695 PLUS VAT
CBI Member delegate - £495 PLUS VAT
Not a CBI Member:
Why not consider joining? See the benefits of becoming a CBI member here.
Can’t make this workshop?
Don’t worry, we can also run this session in-house, bespoke to your organisation. If this is of interest please contact the Leadership development team via email@example.com.
Please contact the Leadership development team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for CBI events are available here.
Committed to protecting your privacy:
We respect your privacy. For more information on how we are committed to protecting your privacy and data, please click here.