What powers will elected mayors have in our key business locations? What decisions will LEPs be making for our local area? How could our business benefit?
If you’re asking any of these questions, the CBI’s ‘Understanding devolved decision making’ workshops can help.
Using a blend of CBI expertise and guest speakers the full-day workshops in Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham will give you the latest background and context to the government’s approach to devolution, the evidence on key challenges and opportunities for LEP areas and how this links to a place-based strategy for the UK economy.
Register to attend in Manchester on 8 March
Register to attend in Leeds on 15 March
Register to attend in Birmingham on 29 March
Our workshops will help you minimise the risk and maximise the opportunities that devolution can bring. Building on the evidence in the CBI’s 'Unlocking Regional Growth' report and our expertise in lobbying and government engagement, the workshops will help you make sense of the changes in the policy and political landscape and what these mean for your local operating environment.
You can view the workshop agenda here.
The workshops will cover:
- What is driving the success of some areas and holding others back
- How you can help create the best conditions for your business in your region
- Working together across wider geographies e.g. Northern Powerhouse/Midland Engine
- The importance of effective collaboration
- Who are your key stakeholders at a sub-national level and where are your routes to representation and influence
For more information for you or your colleagues, please email your name and preferred location to email@example.com. In-house sessions are also available on request for groups.