Updated 10 March 2020
We ask all visitors to CBI offices and attendees at CBI events to respect the below guidance for returning travellers from abroad and follow best practice personal hygiene standards outlined below.
If you are due to attend a CBI event or meeting and have returned from any of the countries listed below in the last 14 days, please inform the CBI event/meeting organiser who will request that you stay away and make alternative arrangements where possible.
If you have returned from any of the below countries in the last 14 days, please do not visit CBI offices to use member facilities.
The relevant countries are:
China, including Macau and Hong Kong
Italy (all of Italy)
Korea (Republic of Korea)
Please wash your hands or use hand-sanitiser on arriving at the CBI’s office or event after using public transport and after coughing and sneezing.
Public Health England recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
If you start to feel unwell at a CBI office or event, you should:
- try to move to an isolated area which is at least 2 metres away from other people (e.g. an available meeting room), covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and avoiding touching people, surfaces and objects.
- make the relevant CBI member of staff aware.
- call NHS 111.