What is the Work Health Index?
The CBI's Index will provide a benchmarking opportunity for your business and firms of all shapes and sizes, who are looking to develop their health offer.
The Index is built in collaboration with Business for Health and will support the economy-wide level of investment in health and wellbeing interventions. It will also serve to increase awareness of employee health and drive competitive advantage in the labour market.
By providing a diagnostic tool for business, it will help your business gain insight into the areas of your offer and provision which lends itself to further strategic investment. Collectively the firms involved will be proactively helping improve the health of the nation.
Why is the index needed?
- 63% of years lost to poor health are in the working-age population (18-65), costing the UK £300bn in lost economic output annually
- The UK currently loses 131m days annually and 100k individuals drop out of the workforce due to Ill health
- On average staff take 4-6 sickness days annually, with better business led health interventions this has the potential to be reduced by 1 sick day per year.
How can businesses use the index?
The Index supports organisations to benchmark themselves in a continuous process to improve employee health and wellbeing.
It helps you;
- Gain insight into how your businesses health offer compares to those by sector, size, revenue and region
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your businesses current health offer and provides the tools to improve it further
- Monitor progress over time, making changes to stay ahead of consumer opinion and public policy changes.
What will the index help the business community achieve?
CBI research shows that business interventions account for 10-20% (£60bn annually) of the reduction in the workforce disease burden by 2030.
The index will also support discussions with government to explore where intervention is needed to encourage businesses on their workforce health journey.
Benchmark your health offer today
Complete the index now here to benchmark your policies, practices and provisions that are relevant to the health and productivity of your workforce.
Speak to Lydia to get involved, or for any further information.