As a member of the CBI, you are part of a connected, informed and influential group. We understand the specific issues you face in your sector, and we can share our deep knowledge of the economic context.
Due to the scope of our business representation and our unparalleled insights, when we talk, government listens. Senior politicians and government stakeholders rely on the CBI’s fully costed policy solutions. And they rely on us to be an effective voice for cross-sector views from UK businesses like yours.
Your CBI membership benefits
Plan with confidence and mitigate risk to your business through practical guidance and evidence-led analysis. Membership gives you exclusive access to practical guidance that supports and empowers your business.
Shape the business environment to work for you. The CBI regularly meets with the most senior politicians and government officials to share evidence and sentiment from the business community. This gives you a direct line to share your views and steer policy, legislation and spending decisions in the areas that matter most to your business. With our large team of policy experts and economists, together with our fully costed policy solutions, you’ll have all the support you need.
Give your team direct access to cross-sector peer networks and topic-specific communities. Attend a variety of conferences, roundtables, working groups and digital events. Our events convene business leaders, subject matter experts and government representatives to give you insight, advice and inspiration. But you’ll also be able to raise your own profile with ample opportunities to showcase your expertise on the areas you are making a difference in.
For example, attend one of the CBI’s Government Affairs Network events, or join our Sustainability Community to network with and learn from peers taking their business on a net zero journey.
Explore our priorities
The Ambition: To ensure the CBI is the 'go to' UK business organisation for insight, evidence and ideas, which we provide in collaboration with you, our members.
- Pledge: to maintain consistent engagement with key political stakeholders.
- Pledge: to provide members with political engagement opportunities.
- Pledge: to enable sharing of political insight.
The Ambition: For businesses to lead a successful transition to net zero in the UK, with a world-leading environment for the growth in green industries, maximising the investment opportunities associated with the change.
- Pledge: to speed up net zero infrastructure delivery.
- Pledge: to strengthen green investment incentives.
- Pledge: to deliver competitive energy costs.
- Pledge: to demonstrate net zero international leadership.
Future of Work and Skills
The Ambition: For UK business to successfully navigate a future of work in which technology is rapidly changing the skills needed by businesses, and the employee and societal expectations of employers are increasing.
- Pledge: to sharpen focus on adult skills.
- Pledge: to reduce shortages by tackling barriers to work.
Technology and Innovation Transformation
The Ambition: For the UK to be the best place in the world for businesses to invest in and benefit from innovation and technology, and to grow an innovative business.
- Pledge: Technology adoption for productivity.
- Pledge: Innovation-enabling regulation.
- Pledge: Science and technology superpower.
- Pledge: Scaling an innovative business.
The Ambition: Making the UK the best location to run and scale businesses and markets of the future in service of sustainable growth.
- Pledge: to unlock investment and productivity through planning reform and infrastructure delivery.
- Pledge: to make the UK M10 Mayoral group a more effective alliance for growth.
- Pledge: to drive the UK’s global connectedness across through trade and investment attraction.
The Ambition: For the UK’s financial services sector to be world leading, enabling all sectors of the economy to innovate and grow in a sustainable way.
- Pledge: to promote financial services as an integral enabler to thriving economies.
- Pledge: to maintain the UK's competitiveness as a place to invest in financial services.
- Pledge: to be the business voice on financing the transition to net zero, championing sustainable finance.
The Ambition: For the UK to have a business tax system which is world beating because it is simple, certain and the costs of administering it are proportionate to the revenue raised.
- Pledge: to digitalise the business tax system smartly.
- Pledge: to use tax to support other government aims on productivity, net zero and devolution.
- Pledge: to simplify the business tax system.
- Pledge: to ensure the UK tax system is truly internationally competitive.
Economic Intelligence and Policy
The Ambition: To help our members understand the economic environment they operate in so they can anticipate trends in demand, identify potential resourcing issues and understand the impact of policy changes, getting a head start in planning or troubleshooting.
- Pledge: to provide high-quality surveys and data.
- Pledge: to share valuable publications and insight.
- Pledge: to deliver economic briefings which meet the needs of our members.
- Pledge: to carry out rigorous economic policy analysis.
The Ambition: With unrivalled policy knowledge and business insights combined with economic expertise, we aim to support our members and clients in developing a compelling narrative to help them lobby for policy change, build a case for investment or demonstrate the impacts of their business on the economy, on society and on the environment.
CBI Economics is the CBI’s business incubator offering a range of commercial products and services to empower businesses with the information they need to succeed and grow.
Note: These are additional paid-for services available to CBI members and non-members. CBI members receive a 10% discount on these services.
- Pledge: Commissioned Business Surveys.
- Pledge: Economic Analysis.
- Pledge: Economic Survey Data.
Through influence, insight, and detailed economic analysis, the CBI is uniquely placed to support and represent you, and to ensure your voice is heard on issues of national importance.— Rain Newton-Smith, Chief Executive, CBI