Details of our events terms and conditions
- Should you be unable to attend an event, a substitute can be nominated but will need to be approved by the CBI
- Cancellations should be sent in writing to email@example.com
|Cancellation period||Percentage of total invoice payable|
|90 days or more before the event||10%|
|30 days before the event but less than 90 days||40%|
|Less than 30 days before the event||100%*|
* We regret that we are unable to offer refunds for cancellations received less than 30 days before the event. We are able to accept substitute delegates if notified in writing at least two working days before the event.
The CBI is not responsible for the non-arrival of confirmation documents. Your booking will be acknowledged within 2 weeks, if you do not hear from us within this time please contact the CBI Events Team on 0800 983 0093
The CBI reserves the right to refuse entry to delegates for non-payment or failure to comply with the code of conduct.
The CBI reserves the right to cancel an event and to change the venue and content of the programme at any time.
The information provided when booking will be used by the CBI to administer the event you are attending. In doing so, it may be necessary to transfer this information to third-party processors: arrangements are in place to ensure such information is protected. The name and company details given may also be used by the CBI to send you other relevant information including invitations to events and details of publications.
To opt out of further communications with regards to other CBI events please email the events team.
How your data is collected
We will collect information from you if you complete any forms on our site or if you contact us with comments or specific requests, and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
What we use your data for
- We use your data for the following purposes:
- To administer the event you and your guests are attending
- To ensure that all health and safety requirements are met
- To provide you with the highest possible level of service and to help you get the best out of this website
- For the effective administration of this site and to record user patterns
- To send you details on CBI products, events and services likely to be of interest
- To respond to your comments or specific request
It may be necessary for the CBI to transfer your information to third-party processors, such as mailing houses, partners in joint ventures, companies contracted to run our events, or to CBI offices in Brussels, Beijing or Washington DC. Arrangements are made to ensure such information is adequately protected.
Amending or viewing your data
The CBI will endeavour to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. If you have any questions/comments about the data we hold on you, or wish to see the data we hold on you, email the events team.
Information on minors
The CBI does not knowingly collect for company use any personal information of children under 12 without the consent of their parent or carer.
Photographs and filming may be taken at CBI events. By attending the event, all participants consent to any photographs or video footage being used in future promotional materials by the CBI or authorised third party partners. These can include (but not limited to) marketing materials, advertising and other documents that may be made to the public.
Code of Conduct
CBI Events are a high-level platform for discussion and debate.
We request your co-operation in supporting the event organiser, officials and other delegates in obtaining the best out of our events.
Intimidating and disruptive actions or antisocial behaviour directed at speakers, panellists, officials or delegates are grounds for removal from the site.