With offices in the UK, Europe, the US, India and China, the CBI has in-market expertise and contacts to help your business’ global growth.
Our oversea visits and exclusive business delegations provide CBI members with in-market insights and access, and provide an excellent opportunity for British exporters to explore international business opportunities.
By engaging with the CBI’s international team in London and overseas, CBI members and business participates get the opportunity to engage with other UK firms looking to expand their business, as well as in market firms and key stakeholders who can support business growth.
Find out more about the CBI’s overseas offices.
To help UK business seize the moment and reek the prizes on offer internationally, CBI business delegations will help your firms global growth. Our programmes aim to help businesses realise key in-market opportunities and support them to navigate any potential trade barriers.
With experts on the ground in market, the CBI is able to create programmes that allow participants to engage with business already trading in market and with key stakeholders. We also plan our delegations with market demands and trends in mind and cater for most exporters in every sector.
Delegations provide businesses with significant advantages for those exploring the opportunity to expand their operations overseas, or wishing to trade (exporting or importing) with countries they haven’t done so previously. They also open doors and fast track companies to engage in dialogue with the right companies and just as importantly the right individuals on one trip.
Explore CBI's upcoming business delegations
India Business Delegation – February 2023
The CBI has played an active role in influencing the comprehensive economic partnership between the UK and India including the FTA negotiations and the trade and investment ties between the two countries.
From 6 – 8 February 2023, Syma Cullasy-Aldridge, CBI’s Chief Campaign Director, will be leading a UK business delegation to India to learn about India’s political and economic landscape and explore trade opportunities.
The focus of the delegation will be to help CBI members realise opportunities in green goods and services trade with India, including development of sustainable infrastructure, access to sustainable finance and navigating any trade barriers related to the sector in India.
The visit will also enable the facilitation of research and development partnerships and joint innovation projects between the two countries.
The India Business Delegation offers the following services:
- A briefing on the India market from leading market experts
- Sessions led by senior representatives of the UK and Indian government officials
- Practical workshops on how to get the most out of trading and investing with India,
- assessing key challenges and solutions
- Exciting networking opportunities between the UK and Indian industry
- Planned on-site visits
- Companionship of experienced CBI-employees during all program activities
This will be an opportunity to interact with key stakeholders in India like Confederation of Indian Industry, business and government experts, explore upcoming opportunities in the Indian market and a chance to visit Mumbai and interact with Alan Gemmell, British Deputy High Commissioner and HM Trade Commissioner to South Asia.
If you are interested in joining, please confirm your presence Sakshi Jain.
If committed, we encourage you to please apply for India visa (due to backlogs, it can take up to 2 months) and book your flight tickets.
Please see below important details:
- We will have 2 conference days (6-7 February) in Delhi and one day (8 February) in Mumbai.
- UK-India-UK Airfare, airport transfers and accommodation to be booked by delegates.
- Internal flight Delhi – Mumbai along with lunch and dinner costs in both cities will be borne by CBI.
For any queries regarding flight/hotels – please contact @Joanita Quadros.
Switzerland Business Delegation – March 2023
The CBI are organising the second Swiss-UK Bilateral Trade and Investment Council in March 2023. Alongside the council, the CBI will be taking a small business delegation to Switzerland to widen market access and investment opportunities especially in innovation sectors, where both countries excel such as fintech, life sciences, and higher education. If you’re interested in joining any of these, please contact Lewis Keller for more information.
CBI visiting global markets
Senior CBI representatives travel overseas throughout the year to attend international summits from the WTO public forum and B20 to the UN General Assembly.
We also organise oversea visits to meet and support CBI members in-market and often plan visits to coincide with Free Trade Agreement negotiations and trade announcements.
Please get in touch with Hannah Collins to find out more about our oversea trips or to organise a meeting during one of our visits.
Find out how to engage in our upcoming oversea visits
- CBI’s Director for International Director, Andy Burwell, will be in Indonesia for the B20.
- CBI’s Director for International Director, Andy Burwell, will be in India in to meet members provide insights on UK’s new PM and the outlook for UK-India Trade and Investment relationship.
CBI in-market experts visiting the UK
From time to time, the CBI’s Heads of our in-market offices visit the UK to provide unique on the ground political and economic insights. Our in-market experts also provide virtual briefings to CBI members.
Contact Hannah Collins if you are interested in a meeting (in-person or virtual) with one of our in-market experts or would like someone from the CBI’s international team to meet your team/board.
Engage with our in-market experts
- Sean McGuire, CBI’s Europe Director, visits the UK on a monthly basis.
- This year John Bleed, CBI’s Senior Policy Adviser from the USA, and Sakshi Jain, CBI's Head - India Office have visited the UK.
- Please note our USA, India and China and Europe experts are available for virtual meetings, please get in touch to organise.