Economies across the world are in the midst of the worst social, health and economic challenge in decades. As we look to the future, from crisis to recovery, now is the time for unity in the face of adversity. 2021 provides a unique opportunity to reset global leadership and cooperation, with business playing a significant role as an agent as well as an advocate of this mission. If met with the right level of energy and ambition, renewed leadership from the G7 can drive forward a sustainable and inclusive recovery for all.
The B7 communique, the final policy document, clearly sets out B7 recommendations for the G7, as well as business commitments, as we shape a global recovery which delivers an economy fit for the future and look to build back better for all.
The statement explores 7 priority areas:
- A global recovery, dependent on global vaccination
- Restarting international mobility
- The road from crisis to recovery
- A competitive agenda for business to drive inclusive economic recovery
- A rebirth of the global trading system
- Tackling climate change and protecting the natural world
- Showing global digital leadership
Download the communique to read the statement and detailed recommendations in full.
The B7 is comprised of the CBI, BDI, BusinessEurope, Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Confindustria, Keidanren, MEDEF and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.