The objective of the CBI India Advisory Group is to advise the CBI in India on key policy issues concerning UK businesses in India. The group will be a barometer to gauge the business environment of the country for UK businesses and make suggestions for pro-active actions concerning trade and investment with the governments of India and the UK.
The Group will:
- Examine, discuss and make recommendations on bilateral issues relating to trade and investment between a rapidly growing India and a Britain in transition.
- Participate in roundtable discussions/breakfast meetings with visiting UK ministers, CBI Management, senior business leaders from UK who lead CBI members companies.
- Be invited to networking events with partner organisations such as UKIBC, CII and FICCI with speaking opportunities, where possible.
- Suggest recommendations which will feed into the CBI’s outputs like Sterling Assets, budget submissions to Indian government, Business Confidence Review, CEO Forum in addition to direct interfaces with governments of both countries.
- Advise CBI on action related to interface with governments of India, state government and the British High Commission.
- Meetings will be moderated by CBI Country Director or CBI International Director when he visits.
- Secretariat support will be provided by the CBI India office.
- The intention is to create a group of 15-20 members from across CBI membership in India.
Frequency of meetings and reporting
- The group will meet every three months over and above any roundtable/breakfast meetings attended.
- Minutes of the meetings will be circulated after every meeting with clear action points.
- Effort will be made to accommodate visiting members from out of Delhi at these meetings.
- We will encourage members to include their visiting senior colleagues from UK headquarters, whenever possible.
Confirmed list of members
|Nikhil Khanna||BAE Systems||MD India||New Delhi|
|Kishore Jayaraman||Rolls Royce||President-India & South Asia||New Delhi|
|Larry Stone||BT India||Chairman – India||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Trevor Bull||Aviva India||CEO & MD India||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|P Balaji||Vodafone Idea||Chief Regulatory & Corporate Affairs Officer||New Delhi|
|Naveen Jhunjhunwala||BBC||COO - India||New Delhi|
|Amrit Kiran Singh||ISWAI||Executive Chairman||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Kalyan Bose||Grant Thornton||Partner||New Delhi|
|Ameet Nivsarkar||TCS||VP-Corporate Affairs||Mumbai|
|Shankar Garigiparthy||Lloyd’s||Country Manager & CEO||Mumbai|
|Ben Huskisson||Gleeds Holoomann||MD||Bangalore|
|Anand Stanley||Airbus||President & MD||Bangalore|
|Venu Sharma||John Lewis Partnership||Head of Sourcing||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|S S Acharya||Mott Macdonald||MD||Noida (NCR)|
|Richard McCallum||UKIBC||MD||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|James Munson||Marks & Spencer||MD India||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Atul Dhawan||Deloitte||Partner||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Rajeev Sharma||G4S||MD||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Nidhi Dua||Marks & Spencer||Country Manager||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Derek Randall||JSW Severfield||MD||Mumbai|
|Govindarajan V||Spirax Sarco||MD||Chennai|
|Anshul Mathur||BP Exploration||Vice President - Communications & External Affairs||Mumbai|
|Devashish Dasgupta||GSK||EVP - Government Affairs||Gurgaon (NCR)|
|Shehla Hasan||CBI India||Country Director||New Delhi|